Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Week 3 Jan 23-29

My third week in Tokyo was very busy! Lots of school and fun after school.

On Monday it actually snowed! I never thought I would see snow in Tokyo, but I guess we brought the cold weather with us.

 Snow in Tokyo!!

On Tuesday we made some omurice (by we I mean, Tim made it and we ate it :).

Yummy!

I haven't really talked about school much. Classes are divided to morning and afternoon classes. Morning class are all basically the same for B class, studying Genki II. Afternoon classes are divided into mandatory JSLP classes and optional classes. JLSP classes are basically Japanese culture study, while optional classes are Reading, Writing, Grammar and Listening. I chose everything except reading. We have 5 JLSP student and 2 JLS students in our class.

JLSP students!

On Friday we visited the "Life Safety Learning Center" where we got to experience a 7.0 earthquake and a typhoon. After many small earthquakes (and yes they happen nearly daily) a 7.0 earthquake was quite scary!

Earthquake! Abunai!

Typhoon.

On Saturday Candy, Tim and I headed toward Tokyo Dome. Somehow we managed to end up in Harajuku instead! We tried to find the Square Enix store and ended up walking to Harajuku instead.

Street

We stopped by a Sega gaming store.

Strange game in Sega store.

There were tons of people in Harajuku!

I just had to take a picture!

On Sunday we made some food again with Tim, Candy and Kaisa! Mabo tofu this time. It was really good! A bit spicy... But I survived!

Getting things ready.

Tofu added to the meat.

Add a little green onions.

Potato starch.

Mixed spices.

And dinner is done!

It was very good and easy to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment